The building has served the people of Woolpit since 1891, before that it was known as ‘Founders House’. In those times villagers could use the building to bathe, read books and newspapers as well as having social events on the premises. It was run by ‘Twelve good men and true’ and when the Institute was inaugurated the Trustees of the Woolpit Institute took over.
The upstairs room can take 65 people and has disabled access via a chair lift.
The two ground floor rooms are also used on occasion during the festival for craft sales etc.